Well, things didn't really happen that way. First, I had some early complications (some spotting) which resolved themselves quickly, but which had me a little down and out of my practice for three weeks. Second, my home computer kicked the bucket. I could always use the husband's, but his is an Apple and I'm Apple-challenged.
So here's the condensed version, which you'll probably enjoy more than what I had planned anyway :)
Yes, I'm 15 weeks pregnant with a little girl (thanks to science and my status as "AMA", I got to do a new-fangled blood test which also tells the gender with 99.9% accuracy).
My initial intention was to practice as usual, until I couldn't. In retrospect, I'm not sure what that would even mean. But I'm learning quickly, that my intentions mean very little in this matter. It's all up to sweet V (baby girl's nickname) to determine where my practice is on any given day.
Here are the major changes thus far:
- As soon as I found out, I dropped mayurasana and also eliminated jump-backs.
- Karandavasana dropped out at about the 6 week mark, pretty much when the spotting happened (it was minor, but it freaked me out)
- Weeks 6-9 I took a hiatus from practice. I wish I could say that I worked on my seated practice. Instead I worked on my sleeping practice.
- When I returned, I practiced primary for a couple of weeks. Marichasana D has been eliminated; I twist open in C rather than toward the leg; wider legs in all forward folds and in samastithi; not crossing the body in trikonasana or parsvokonasana B; I also eliminated the finishing inversions. I may experiment with adding them back in now that I'm over the "hump." We'll see.
- When I went back to Intermediate, I made major changes. I'll have to take a picture for full effect, but I call it "Advanced Restorative." Pasasana is done with wide legs; krunchasana I don't pull the leg all the way in, all of the belly backbends I do with two bolsters set so that my belly hangs in space; I twist open in the twists; a bolster is used for support in eka pada sirsasana B
- In addition to all of this, weeks 12-15, I'm not doing any twisting at all. Angelique advised me to drop it during this period because the placenta is developing. I'll add gentle twists back in next Wednesday.
Here's the beginnings of the bump at about 14 weeks 5 days.